Egg Hunt 2018: The Great Yolktales is the 9th Annual Roblox Egg Hunt hosted by Roblox, and was developed by Fifteam. There are 45 eggs hidden altogether. (46 if counting the Stained Glass Egg from the Ready Player One event)
The event began on March 28, 2018 and ended on Midnight of April 21, 2018, so you can still play the game and earn badges, but can no longer obtain eggs for your Roblox avatar to wear.
When Charles Booker was studying a mysterious, ancient egg, an earthquake knocks it over, thus cursing Aymor (Booker's pet raven), and transforming Booker into a literal bookworm.
The possessed Aymor takes the library's eggs and escapes into a powerful book known as the Eggcyclopedia.
Why It Rocks
- This is the first event that Fifteam hosted, and they did a good job.
- Features 45 eggs (the most eggs in any Roblox egg hunt) hidden altogether, with tons of quests and minigames.
- To enhance navigation, your avatar can perform moves such as dives, rolls, and wall jumps, similarly to Super Mario.
- The eggs are very well-designed.
- All of the maps are very well-built.
- Eggcellent soundtrack.
- So many fan arts on Egg Hunt 2018 that are cute.
- Features references such as Alice in Wonderland and Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.
- Throwbacks such as a 2013-themed sugar egg, and Scrooge from the Roblox Holiday 2017 event.
- Although the event was originally supposed to end on April 11, 2018 along with the Ready Player One event, Roblox extended the Egg Hunt to 4/16 and then finally to 4/20 before officially concluding.
- The launch of the event was a disaster, featuring numerous bugs and glitches. Including:
- Crashing the server, when you joined.
- Broken script on the quests
- No background music, until this incident happened.
- Not to completing the quest intentionaly
- Too many quests, instead of just hunting. Although the quests can be fun.
- Some quests can be tedious.
- It was selected for Ready Player One event
- As this game is on Roblox and anyone can click on it and play it, certain elements such as Lord Aymor and the Ruined Library could be disturbing to young children.
- During development, the game was named "Animal Crackers: The Game"