Roblox is an online sandbox game developed by the Roblox Corporation and released in 2006 about users creating their own games, chatting with others, buying things for their character, and so on.
Why It Rocks (Partially Today and Mostly Back Then)
- If you ignore oversaturated games in Roblox, there are few decent games such as Work at a Pizza Place by Dued1, Super Nostalgia Zone by CloneTrooper1019, a game that simulates how Roblox was back in 2006-2008, even JJ5X5's classic Thrillville Theme Park was added, and many more great roblox games that are highly enjoyed on the site.
- You can create groups, audio tracks, decals, and meshes, as well as t-shirts, shirts, and pants for your avatar.
- It spawned various merchandising. Even toys were made, and they include codes you can redeem to obtain accessories for your Roblox avatar.
- As of September 27, 2017, all players, including Non-BC members, can now have up to a maximum of 200 active places.
- Because the nature of obj files, you can import anything into any 3D software, such as Blender, which is also free to download.
- "Team Create" allows you and other players to build together in Roblox Studio.
- Their Hack Week among these years in Roblox are amazing and creative.
- The graphics had improved since 2014 since Roblox replaced OGRE with their own engine, due to adding elements such as dynamic lightning, neons, new UI updates and more, although it can increase system requirements.
- Roblox had officially released plugin in 2011, so you can save time building in Roblox Studio.
- Many tutorials on Roblox Wiki, Roblox Developers Forums, and the Roblox Forums that teaches new and inexperienced users on how to build and/or script in Roblox Studio.
- As of December 18, 2019, you can join or create for up to 100 groups, according to Roblox DevForum thread, so you don't need to join Premium anymore.
- If you want more emotes, then you'll love Emotes Menu.
- User-Generated Content (UGC) is very great for players who want their creativity for their original character or for memes.
- The Body Type and Proportion update. You can customize your character with the newest body type scaling.
- As of September 7, 2018, game image thumbnail is free.
- The new R15 avatar update so it can make avatar look better with bendy joints, and players would switch R15 to R6 avatars.
- Roblox games use Lua for scripting and programming purposes, meaning that it is a decent starting point to figure out how to program, for those people who are looking to program applications and games in the future.
- Fun events such as Egg Hunt 2018: The Great Yolktales.
- The Rthro update, although Roblox is supposed to be a blocky game, it can receive internet memes or creativity.
- There's an Rthro avatar contest update so you can make your own Rthro character to win the price.
- Roblox Studio helps kids, teenagers and adults to power their imagination.
- A loaf of friendly people in the game.
- Recently, a new feature allowed you to get robux as long as premium players played any game/place you have created, this could give more encouragement to Developers.
- Roblox's quality started to plummet dramatically in recent years, due to various reasons. For more info read here.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.